GEO


                   
   
       
Faculties
 
Design
 

Directions

Ceramic Art

Artistic Glass Design

Textile Design
Fashion Design
Industrial Design
Artistic Processing of Wood and Furniture design
Jewellery and Metal Decorative Plastics

Research Laboratory of Blue Table Cloths

     
 
 
 
Ceramic Art
 

Head of the Direction Professor Giorgi Iashvili


In 1926, when the Academy was established, it only ran the directions of Painting, Sculpture and Graphic Art. Terracotta sculpture was assigned to a specially set up ceramic workshop which was later transformed into the first chair of decorative art, the Chair of Artistic Ceramics. In 1958, a teaching and experimentation workshop opened within the Chair, where first black polished porcelain specimen were created. The workshop soon became the landmark of the Georgian national ceramic industry. The Chair was transformed to the Direction of Ceramic Art was established in 2005.
The Direction aims to combine tradition with contemporary trends at a conceptual as well as technological level; to develop insights into the perpetual and ever-changing forms of expression of aesthetic and functional categories and to prepare highly qualified designers and ceramic artists.


Teachers:

Giorgi Iashvili, Professor
Lia Bagrationi, Associate Professor 
Otar Mukhiguli, Associate Professor
Akaki Inanishvili, Assistant Professor